Business insurance for transportation companies provides essential coverage for companies specializing in emergency and non-emergency transportation.
Transportation companies face numerous risks and liabilities during normal business operations, and having appropriate insurance can help provide essential financial protection.
What Is Transportation Insurance?
Transportation insurance is a group of highly customizable policies designed to help protect companies from the financial effects of unexpected accidents and incidents. Your agent may recommend that you cover the following:
- Damage to cargo your company transports
- Your workers, passengers and drivers
- Your company’s legal liability for third-party property damage or injuries
- Damage to company property
Your agent can help tailor your transportation insurance policy to meet your company’s needs. Depending on your situation, your agent may recommend the following coverages for your emergency or non-emergency transportation company:
- General liability insurance may help protect your company from the financial consequences of a third party’s injury or property damage claims.
- Commercial auto insurance may help protect your company from the financial effects of an at-fault accident. It may also help ensure your company’s vehicles.
- Property insurance may help cover damage to your company’s physical property, including your offices and inventory.
- Cyber risk liability insurance may help cover the loss or theft of your customers’ sensitive data.
- Employment practices liability insurance may help cover the costs of a harassment claim brought against your company or your workers.
- Workers’ compensation insurance may help provide financial support and cover medical bills if one of your employees is injured in a work-related incident.
Non-Emergency Transportation Insurance
Non-emergency transportation (NEMT) companies may need specialized insurance to help mitigate unique risks. These companies move and maintain expensive equipment to transport passengers with varying medical needs.
NEMT companies also need workers’ compensation insurance to comply with Georgia’s requirements and to help protect their workers from the economic effects of work-related illnesses or injuries.
Your agent may recommend that you purchase the following essential insurance coverages:
- Property insurance
- General liability insurance
- Commercial auto insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
How to Get Transportation Insurance
Transportation companies have unique insurance needs, so it’s crucial to work closely with your agent to determine which coverages, limits and deductibles are most appropriate for your situation. Contact the agents at K.S. Billing & Associates in South Richmond Hill, New York, to get appropriate transportation insurance for your organization.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.