As taxis provide services throughout New York, they encounter many risks. Securing wide-ranging insurance can provide the necessary coverage for passengers, drivers and businesses. The knowledgeable team at K.S. Billing & Associates in South Richmond Hill, New York, can help you get the policies that meet your needs. Contact us today for more information.
What Is Taxi Insurance?
Insurance for taxi businesses isn’t one specific policy but consists of several types of coverage. Operations can choose which types of insurance best address their unique risk profiles.
Specific coverages may be required by New York state law or the New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission, but others may be selected depending on your needs. Commercial auto insurance, which may consist of the following:
- Liability insurance
- Collision insurance
- Comprehensive insurance
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance
- Medical payments coverage
- Personal injury protection (PIP)
- Commercial property insurance
- General Liability insurance
- Business interruption insurance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
Other coverages and endorsements may be available. Speak with your agent about options, limits and exclusions.
How to Get Taxi Insurance or Limo Insurance in New York
The K.S. Billing & Associates team is ready to help you secure optimal taxi insurance. We are an independent insurance agency that can sell policies from multiple insurance companies, and we work to help you find suitable and affordable coverage. Reasons to use an independent insurance agent include the following:
- You can receive multiple quotes—Instead of contacting multiple insurance companies yourself, an independent insurance agent can research multiple quotes and present them to you. This can help you efficiently compare premiums.
- You can keep your agent—When your policy is coming up for renewal, your independent agent can help you shop around and determine whether or not you should change providers. If you do switch, you can keep your independent agent.
- You can receive personalized service—Since the same agent can work with you even if you change insurers, your agent can become more familiar with your situation and recommend policies based on your needs.
- You can access multiple insurance companies—Independent agents typically have access to insurance companies of various sizes. They can help you evaluate insurers and provide information on the companies that provide outstanding customer service.
There are several other reasons why you might select an independent insurance agency as you choose your taxi coverages, and we are ready to help. Give us a call today at 718-805-2211 to get started.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.