Proper insurance can cover multiple risks limousine services encounter while operating throughout New York. The right policy can provide essential coverage for your drivers, passengers and company.
K.S. Billing & Associates in South Richmond Hill, New York, can help your limousine business secure the right insurance for your operations. Contact us today to get started.
What Are Some Things That Limousine Insurance May Cover?
Limousine insurance consists of several types of insurance coverage. Businesses can work with their agent and select which ones best fit their unique needs.
In New York, New York state law or the New York City Taxi & Limousine Commission may require specific coverages, but others may be chosen depending on your operation’s exposures. Commercial livery insurance, a specific type of commercial auto insurance, may contain crucial coverage, such as the following:
- Liability insurance—This may provide coverage if your drivers are responsible for an accident that causes property damage or bodily injury.
- Collision insurance—This may help pay for repairs if your limousine is in a collision with another vehicle or object (e.g., fence or sign).
- Comprehensive insurance—This may help pay for damage to your limousine from causes other than collisions (e.g., theft, fire and animal strikes).
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This may provide coverage if your limousine is in an accident with a driver who isn’t carrying adequate insurance.
- Personal injury property (PIP)—This may help pay for the medical expenses of your drivers and their passengers after an accident, regardless of fault.
Other policies or endorsements may be available for your limousine operations. Available options include:
- Custom parts coverage
- Business interruption insurance
- Commercial property insurance
- Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)
- Gap insurance
- General liability insurance
- Garage liability insurance
- Roadside assistance
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- Cyber liability insurance
Consult your agent for more information on terms, limits and exclusions.
How Much Does Limo Insurance Cost?
Numerous factors impact your limousine insurance costs, including the following:
- The types and amounts of coverage you select
- Your location and where you provide services
- Your drivers’ driving records
- The value, type, age and size of the limousines you are insuring
Other variables may impact premiums. Contact our team for a quote.
Contact Us to Get Limousine Insurance
K.S. Billing & Associates specializes in business and transportation insurance in New York, and we are ready to help you find coverage that meets your needs. Contact us today for a personalized assessment.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Please contact your insurance professional for further information.